Formerly known as Recreation/Club Soccer, the JIYSC Development Program is designed to offer an alternative pathway for players who are not yet pursuing academy level soccer for those who are looking for an introduction to soccer.
Teams are coached by volunteer licensed coaches who participate in our coordinated training programs. The JIYSC Development program is offered to boys and girls, 2010 age group and older.
The goal of the development program is to teach the FUNdamentals of soccer, develop individual and team skills, as well as prepare our players for league play, competing against teams from other clubs in the low-country. JIYSC Development teams play in the Coastal League, which is run by SCYSA. (The state governing body).
Should players wish to have further technical practice training, the club will provide weekly practices at a fee. Goalkeeper training is provided to all JIYSC development teams.
Development program player who are ready and willing, will advance to the Academy level in the following year.
The Development program advantage! (club soccer vs recreation soccer)
- Focus on higher-level grade of soccer (i.e. competitiveness)
- Oversight from a licensed, full-time Technical Director (TD@jiysc.org)
- Additional optional weekly technical practices ($110)
- Professional Uniforms (not t-shirts)
- Higher level league play against other higher skill clubs. All teams are sanctioned SCYSA teams.
- Clear pathway to those looking to advance to play higher level Academy soccer.
Fees (per season):
- 2011 (U8) – 2009 (U10) – $200
- 2008 (U11) – 2007 (U12) – $250
- 2006+ (U13 & above) – For ages U13 and up, do not register online. Please contact Tyral Hicken at firstname.lastname@example.org directly for team placement.
All players must have adequate soccer equipment at the start of each season. Team uniforms will be available for purchase prior to the first game and are not included in the registration fee.
Soccer ball sizes by age group are as follows:
- Size 4 (2011-2007)
- Size 5 (2006+)
The club will be in contact to provide more information on uniform after the tryout evaluations